Thursday, May 14, 2009

More Scallops

One of my favorite wedding dresses of all time is this scalloped gown worn by the famous model Jean Patchett photographed by the renowned fashion photographer Regina Relang. Relang was a mid 2oth century photographer for such publications as Vogue and Madame. I also adore the scalloped dresses in Christopher Kane's brilliant 2009 spring ready to wear collection. I think his are amazing modern versions. This should have been the gown to send down the runway last, don't you think? For more lovely examples of scallops click here and here.







(Photos courtesy of style.com)

10 comments:

  1. What workmanship on that first dress - the petal pattern reminds me of dahlias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The workmanship is truly amazing. What talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. These all remind me a bit of LeeAnn's collection from the last season of Project Runway. While her scallops were a bit more architectural, they were definitely in the same vein.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! I especially am drawn to the first dress. So elegant and timeless. I feel like in that you just can't go wrong - its not possible!

    xx,

    Sam @PrettyLovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. SF-You are so right about looking like dahlias-one of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Averill-You are right. I really liked Leanne's work and I suspect her more elongated waves would probably be more flattering on most women. I miss PR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam-You couldn't go wrong with the dress, but you could go wrong with the choice of husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES Scallops! The wedding dress is too beautiful for words....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dumbwit Tellher-I can't get it out of my mind.

    ReplyDelete