Friday, July 17, 2009

Designer Lookout



When I saw these structured houndstooth jackets in the latest issue of Teen Vogue I was smitten. The man behind such elegance is Spanish designer Emilio de la Morena. I love his name. Emilio is an up and coming fashion designer who is destined for greatness. His fall/winter 09 collection shown at London Fashion Week is sculpturally savvy. Garments are very fitted on the bottom and voluminous on top. The balance beautifully showcases the female form. The way he experiments with shape is remarkably flawless. Emilio's taste reminds me of Marc Jacobs with the houndstooth prints and the bold use of colors. Aubergine is huge for fall and it looks devastatingly pretty in Emilio's show. Ladylike and polished is a major trend in the new season and Emilio illustrates the look in an ultramodern way. 














(pics via teenvogue.com and vogue.co.uk)

7 comments:

  1. Interesting silhouettes -- not quite sure it's to my taste, but I love his use of color and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Averill- Yes, his eye for pattern and color is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Klassen- I know! Emilio's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate-I should have featured these on Chinoiserie Chic-they have a Chinoiserie feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice fashion designs.... thanks for sharing........

    Great Post........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Design Store- Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I was so glad to discover this designer.

    ReplyDelete