Monday, January 18, 2010

An Education


If you have not seen the movie An Education, catch it before it closes. This coming of age story set in 1960s suburban London, is a British Mad Men for its perfect styling of this era and its look at society in pre-swinging London. The clothes and cars are fabulous, as is this story of bright 16 year old Jenny headed hopefully to Oxford (played brilliantly by Carey Mulligan), and her whirlwind romance with an older playboy David (Peter Sarsgaard) twice her age. I want a Bristol car by the way. Like Betty Draper learns of Don, David is more complicated than he seems. Witty and elegant, this is a lovely film.















8 comments:

  1. I am dying to see this but since we live in a smaller city I don't think it will make it here......which means I have to wait or drive somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this pics , they are great
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to see that! I attended the University College London during that time. Should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sande-One of the reasons I love big cities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need to see this -- I hadn't even heard of it! Peter Skarsgaard is one of my favorite actors. Thanks for the head's up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie Dahy Designs-You do need to see it.

    ReplyDelete