Thursday, February 4, 2010

Luella Spring 2010


I am still in shock that London based label Luella has ceased to exist, having lost its backers and stopped production. I thought this was Luella's best collection ever. So 1960s-feminine, but classic. I love the vintage inspired feel, with the wonderful colors, high waists, polka dots, tulle, bows, and lovely shoes and bags. Best of luck to Luella Bartley on reviving her wonderful label. This is what spring dressing should look like.


























9 comments:

  1. I'm sad, too! Luella's Target collection was on of Target's best and Luella's final (!!) collection is definitely another home run. Love the purses and jackets in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are on a personal mission to knock this impending snow snow/blizzard out of the area. So many, cute, cute outfits. And that show with the bow in the back? Drooling. The fussbudget in me wanted some of the outfits in different colors, like that camel coat. Overall, though, so incredibly feminine.

    I have been longing to have an Audrey Hepburn hat made up (it went up for auction recently and it "may" have been Dior,) but just this lovely dome (was it green?) that looked like a crown.

    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/12/09/article-1234361-076CAA0C000005DC-953_306x423.jpg

    Found it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....and that would be "shoe," not "show." Obviously already frazzled preparing for what they are calling a "snow bomb" of a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Washington Cube-eBay is a great source for hats. Getting buried in snow right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That red coat has Audrey Hepburn written all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Favorite and My Best-It is too darling.

    ReplyDelete